PARKING RULES - PENINSULA HIGH SCHOOL
- All parking on campus is reserved. You must have a parking pass. Do not park in any numbered space or other areas of the campus without approval of the school administration or campus security. Any vehicle parked without authorization is subject to citation and towing. All visitors should check in with the Main Office and park in spaces designated for visitors.
- All STAFF parking spaces are reserved from 6:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. No students or parents are allowed to park in staff parking spaces during these hours. You will be cited.
- Students without a permit may park in the main student parking without a permit after 1:45 p.m. This is to accommodate student athletes and seniors who return to campus for Period 6 athletics and class. Vehicles parked on campus prior to 1:45 p.m. not displaying an appropriate pass will be issued a citation. Spaces along the wall in front of the gym are reserved from 6:30 a.m. until 2:45 p.m. (school hours) all days of the week; and especially DO NOT PARK AT ANY TIME in the handicapped, bus zones, visitor spaces, or any place that is NOT a designated parking spot.
- Students who park in the handicapped spaces must have a valid handicapped placard and registration from the CA DMV displayed clearly in their vehicle with the current DATE showing. The Lomita Sheriffs Department will cite students who have been issued a placard but do not have it posted. Students also need to show proof of handicapped registration and placard to the nurse and administration.
ON CAMPUS STUDENT PARKING IS FOR SENIORS WITH A PERMIT WHO WERE SELECTED FROM THE CURRENT QUARTER’S LOTTERY SIGNUPS (DRAWN AT RANDOM) OR FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE MADE PREVIOUS ARRANGEMENTS (BLACK & GOLD AFFAIRE AUCTION; MAIN EVENT AUCTION, ETC.)
Each quarter a lottery will be held for seniors from a pre-determined sign-up list to receive a parking permit for one (1) quarter (approximately 10 weeks) to park on campus. There are four (4) quarters in a school year. Each senior is guaranteed at least one (1) quarter provided the student signs up. A student that was selected for a certain quarter can defer their parking privilege to another quarter if they so desire.
Below is a list of rules students must sign and agree to follow when they are awarded a parking permit through the lottery system. Seniors selected through a current lottery list are allowed to park on campus as well as those who have made previous arrangements. All other students should park on Silver Spur and Hawthorne. Parking is not allowed down Basswood, across the street, behind the Arco gas station, Chase Bank, Bank of America, nor in the Shopping Center area. Students who wish to drive should arrive early to park closer to the school.
- New permits will be enforced on the FIRST day of each Quarter/Semester.
- All cars must be locked and windows closed all the way.
- Selling of parking permits is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Any vehicle without a permit displayed will receive a citation from School Security or Lomita Sheriffs. This includes permits that are not clearly visible. If your permit is not visibly displayed, DO NOT PARK IN THE LOT.
- If a student loses a permit, they will be charged a $10 replacement fee.
- Each student is assigned a space. The space number will match the permit number. If your spot is occupied, please attempt to park as close to your spot as possible, make sure your parking permit is visible, and report the problem to a campus supervisor or a secretary in the Hawthorne Office immediately.
- Students will not be issued a permit without their license plate number on their application. This becomes critically important when there is a problem with your spot, and you are ticketed.
- The amount of a parking permit is $40. This covers the maintenance costs of supervising the lot. Students should bring their signed paper with them when they pick up their parking permits or a permit will not be issued.