Senior Vocabulary Words to Remember
* DEADLINES * ANSWER THE QUESTION * INTEGRITY *
* READ * ETHICS and ETIQUETTE * VISIT *
Above all else
Be a Panther Senior of Integrity
Answer all questions on your applications truthfully
- Links related to making your college list:
Establish an appropriate email address. Read your emails! Use and frequently check your email for all your school related information. Colleges communicate via email and want students to get in the habit of communicating via email now. Be sure you have a current/active email address registered with Naviance to ensure your receipt of important communication with the CCC. If your email has changed please see Mrs. Lewallen in the CCC.
Stay on Track
Senior grades count -- stay focused! Prepare now for AP exams and finals by doing well each and every day in class.
Sweat the Details
Pay attention to deadlines!
Plan to attend all the events on the CCC Calendar of Events
Keep hard copies of all documents
The Big Reveal
All college decisions are released by April 1st
Visit colleges, if possible, to compare/contrast as decisions are made
Students MUST notify all colleges by May 1st
Notify only 1 college of your intent to attend
Questions regarding waitlist status? Visit your counselor or the CCC
Once you know... it’s time to say thank you to anyone who has written a letter of recommendation for you or assisted you along your journey. A handwritten thank you note is greatly appreciated by those who gave of their time on your behalf! Be sure to include your teachers and counselors and let them know the outcome of your decisions.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- All seniors need to check Naviance weekly or come to the CCC for scholarship opportunities. Deadlines come and go quickly and scholarships are all about DEADLINES! Keep track of all the important dates and get everything in on time. There are no second chances with Scholarships and Financial Aid and you don’t want to miss out on a great scholarship opportunity!
- Review financial aid packages sent with offers of college admission. Questions? See Mrs. Arico in the CCC.
Two books that make great gifts for high school graduates
- The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell