SOPHOMORE COUNSELING FOR THE CLASS OF 2024
The PVPHS Counseling Staff created the Sophomore Counseling Program to support the continued success of our students as they pursue educational and career goals. The two essential components of the Sophomore Counseling Program are:
- A GROUP PRESENTATION to provide general information pertinent to all students (meeting link will be sent through the student’s Team’s account by their counselor). These meetings will be held on January 12, 2022 at 7:30am OR 5:30pm. You can find a copy of the presentation in the file below.
- An INDIVIDUAL MEETING with parent/guardian, student and counselor to be scheduled at the end of the Group Presentation. If you were unable to attend a Group Presentation, counselors will be reaching out to the 10th grade student to schedule a meeting to review their schedule.
We look forward to meeting with you and your student. It is our hope that participation in this program will enhance your student’s high school experience.
Goals of the individual meeting are:
- Examine student’s current academic transcript
- Evaluate student’s personalized 4 year plan, specifically addressing course selection for 11th and 12th grade
- Review high school graduation requirements/status
- Discuss questions and specific concerns
- Select courses for the 2022-2023 school year